- Experience in small passenger vessels
- Degree in Marine Engineering
- Candidates with remote island experience preferred.
Our client is a renowned operator of resorts in the Maldives being in the business for any years.
The company has a collection of exceptional properties in the Maldives, each unique in its own way.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Marine Engineer for their properties.
The company needs an individual able to take on the responsibility for the daily maintenance and operation of their fleet that consists of small passenger vessels, speed boats, sailing yachts, fishing boats and three small cargo vessel across a number of resort operations.
The key requirements are as follows: -
- The ideal candidate will most likely already be a Marine Engineer in a multi-unit operation role.
- Ability to manage a team of marine staff in the respective properties
- Prepare and manage Capital Budget, operating budget and utility budget in his department.
- Maintain a Maintenance and Service record on all Boats and Sea Carrying Vessels.
- Trains, supports Marine Mechanics in Engineering practices with Engine Repairs and rebuilding.
- Excellent knowledge of Sea going Vessels Engines, public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new existing codes and classification or Vessels Operating Manuals for preventative maintenance and equipment and Navigation pertaining to Sea worthiness and fire safety.
- Degree in Marine Engineering or a combination of education, training, or relevant experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job. (If you have a Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree with subjects in electronics, Kinematics, Thermodynamics and Energy that will also be considered)
- Full competence in Microsoft Office programs and computer-based design programs in addition to associated tools for engineering.
- Ability to work with a multi-cultural team and under pressure when within time constraints.
- Highly organized and a team player with staff and management.
A very attractive expat package is offered for the right person, including a tax-free salary, relocation expenses, accommodation, and so on…
We invite applications from individuals who can fulfil the above criteria. Your application should include a detailed CV (including a website address to previous employers) and briefly outline your past work experience and achievements.
Only shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.
Elite Search is a leader in Executive Search and recruitment for the hospitality industry worldwide.
To see other vacancies confidentially register your interest for future opportunities at www.elitesearch.com.au