- European university educated
- Currently in a corporate/regional role with similar responsibilities
- Ability to communciate at the highest level in bot written and verbal english
Our client owns/operates a collection of luxury hotels with an existing portfolio of landmark properties and new developments in planning.
This is a new and senior addition to their existing corporate structure and the appointment will have a background in technical services in the hotel /hospitality industry. It is essential to have experience with an international hotel company in a regional or corporate role.
The position is based in London and first priority is given to UK/EU citizens and/or individuals with valid working visas for the United Kingdom.
The Head of Technical Services and Design will be working with both owning company and hotel operator's executives in the management of projects and will also manage external/third party consultants. The role is critical for the owning company, both in terms of the scope for existing assets as well as for future developments and projects.
Prerequisites for consideration are:
- Experience working within the region as he/she is expected to interact with local authorities.
- Proven track record with major renovation projects in the hotel/resort /hospitality field as well as green field development are considered a must.
- Experience in space planning and hotel design
- Project management at a senior level within the hospitality industry
- Progressive experience in hotel and resort projects
- Knowledge of hotel layout optimizations
- Strong financial acumen; excellent interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
The role will include the following responsibilities:
- Conducting research, gathering architectural data, analyzing drawings and interfacing with architects, designers, authorities.
- Creating integrated development programs for new projects and renovations of existing sites
- Establishing design standards and processes that engage design consultants
- In partnership with external design teams, delivering executive and operational reviews
- Resolving planning issues and problems that may arise in the pre-development process
- Conducting site visits, preparing accurate cost projections and evaluating information to support the needs of the department
- Working on site to support property openings and transitions
- Manage construction/technical tenders
- Monitor operator's POMEC expenses
- Participate in development projects / lead technical component
Our client will only consider candidates currently in a corporate/regional role with a luxury hotel operator.
We invite applications from individuals who can fulfil the above criteria. Your application should include a detailed CV (including a website address to previous employers), briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements.
Please note, due to the anticipated volume of applications, we are sorry but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Elite Search is a leader in Executive Search and recruitment for the hospitality industry worldwide.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities, go to www.elitesearch.com.au