- Must have outstanding knowledge of wines
- Ability to train staff on all aspects of wine selling and serving
- Good communciator and guest centric
Our client is the operator of luxury resorts and now seeks an experienced Sommelier for one of their properties in the Maldives.
The key requirements and position information are as follows:-
- Reporting to the Food and Beverage Manager
- Most suitable for an experienced Sommelier, or Restaurant professional with extensive wine knowledge
- Educational qualifications (such as diploma) in wine knowledge and service
- Good technical knowledge in beverage management, including strong product knowledge (wine) stock control, cellar management, merchandising, promotions, IT/point of sale etc…
- Able to train and educate floor staff on products, service delivery, upselling etc,
- Assist F&B Manager in other duties as required
- Outgoing personality - someone who thrives on guest contact
- Previous experience in remote/Island locations is well regarded but not essential
The position offers a tax free salary, plus service charge, all living expenses, relocation, annual flights home,
health insurance and so on...
Your application should include a detailed CV (with a recent photo), briefly outlining your past work experience and achievements. Please also provide 3 referees (inc email addresses)and your salary expectation
Please note that this position is only really suitable for those people who are single or travelling for work on a single basis.
Due to the anticipated volume of applications we are sorry but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted…
Elite Search is a leader in Executive Search and Recruitment for the Hospitality Industry Worldwide.
To see other vacancies or confidentially register your interest for future opportunities go to www.elitesearch.com.au